Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 08-25-2004, 08:58 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Re: Just got a peek at your motor...

Originally posted by K24madness
All of the rods look like they have athritis!!!
K24madness,

You saw it before I saw it. Rob at S Car Go just told me that five rods were bent.

With a 1.9 second time from 0-60 and five bent rods, I don't believe there is any question as to who was making the most power.

Last edited by cjv; 08-25-2004 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:27 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Neil
Chad how are you addressing the intercooler situation & what are you doing regarding the turbos getting enough air
Neil,

S Car Go designed and fabricated larger and more efficient intercoolers. S Car Go also opened the air filter on both sides and these inlets are both directly connected to the GT2 wing fresh air inlet. The carbon fiber intake from the filter to the turbo's are enlarged to I believe 80 mm. The piping from the turbo's to the intercoolers and then to the throttle body is double jacketed, CO2 cooled with a 80 mm diameter. The splitter on the other side of the throttle body has also been enlarged.

I'll look up the pics and post again.

Old 08-25-2004, 01:03 PM
cjv
Chad how are you addressing the intercooler situation & what are you doing regarding the turbos getting enough air
Note the air filter has two inlets.

Note the two air inlets on the GT2 engine lid. These provide plenty of cool outside air.

S Car Go carbon fiber intake and stock intake.

S Car Go Ultra High Efficiency Intercoolers.

S Car Go 80 mm hard piping.

S Car Go "Y".

Last edited by cjv; 08-25-2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:13 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Dang... when you break something, you break it good

Old 08-25-2004, 01:30 PM
cjv
Continued.
S Car Go 90 mm throttle body (top) followed by stock turbo 66 mm TB and 73 mm 996 NA TB.

S Car Go enlarged splitter.

Well Neil, that's how we accomodated the breathing.

Last edited by cjv; 08-25-2004 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:03 PM
cjv
Originally posted by dpblessing
Dang... when you break something, you break it good

Doug,

I don't see anything that broke, maybe a little bent out of shape .

Can't wait for Killer Angel Part II,there are going to be a few surprised super bikes in my neighborhood come October.

Last edited by cjv; 08-25-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:37 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Heya Chad,

What did you do with your rear splitter that fits the 996 TB? There are some 'busas that want to run you....

Old 08-25-2004, 09:59 PM
cjv
Originally posted by sharkster
Heya Chad,

What did you do with your rear splitter that fits the 996 TB? There are some 'busas that want to run you....
Alex,

I threw it away. S Car Go designed and fabricated it. At first I used the 996 TB and they made one for it. They have them available now. Then we replaced the 996 NA TB with S Car Go's 90 mm TB and splitter. The S Car Go splitter is completely contoured and has a curved knife edged air router in the inside for smoother air flow. The stock unit does not have this feature.

As for the busas, it won't take very many matches for word to get out for them to avoid KA II.

Alex, do you still have those bumper parts for me?

Last edited by cjv; 08-25-2004 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:25 AM
cjv
Pics of pistons for Kevin.
New 104 mm piston on left, stock 100 mm piston on right.

Last edited by cjv; 08-26-2004 at 04:26 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:37 AM
cjv

New 104 mm piston on left, stock 100 mm piston on right. The new piston skirts have been coated with our secret sauce. Now the pistons will be sent out for the tops to be thermal coated.

Hope this answers your questions Kevin.

Last edited by cjv; 08-26-2004 at 04:29 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:16 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
Alex,

I threw it away. S Car Go designed and fabricated it. At first I used the 996 TB and they made one for it. They have them available now. Then we replaced the 996 NA TB with S Car Go's 90 mm TB and splitter. The S Car Go splitter is completely contoured and has a curved knife edged air router in the inside for smoother air flow. The stock unit does not have this feature.

As for the busas, it won't take very many matches for word to get out for them to avoid KA II.

Alex, do you still have those bumper parts for me?
Hi Chad,

Drop by the shop. They're here for you Would be cool to catch up and talk!

Old 08-26-2004, 06:14 AM
cjv
Alex,

I'll try to stop by within the next week.

Old 08-26-2004, 06:57 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Chad: In percentage terms, how much lighter are the new pistons. They appear to be made of significantly less metal.

Old 08-26-2004, 02:24 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Zippy
Chad: In percentage terms, how much lighter are the new pistons. They appear to be made of significantly less metal.
Zippy,

They are about 20% lighter.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Heheh Chad it's like I've never left work. I come home and read your posts

Great stuff indeed. I'm just sorry you have pave the way so much. Maybe I'll twist your arm to get an EVO to play It's such a bumpy ride at times but it's great to see you sticking with it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring