Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:05 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Kevin
Chad;

I got the valves in today.. They are very nice.. You should get yours next week.
Kevin,

I can't believe how fast they produced your valves. Can't wait to get mine. Now, if only the Pauter rods come in before October 15th so we can make the shootout.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:10 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
how could there even be a shoot out without kevin and CJV?

Old 09-23-2004, 12:43 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
how could there even be a shoot out without kevin and CJV?
Kevin told me his car would not be ready by November 12th, probably closer to early December. As for Killer Angel, it all depends on Pauter. They told us six to eight weeks...... no guarantees. If it takes more than six weeks, I'm afraid we won't make the shootout either. Once we have the rods, it will take one week to assemble and then one to two weeks to break the motor in and dial in the ECU.

On the flip side, Kevin and I will get together for our own little one on one. It will really be interesting as the two cars are probably two of the faster street legal turbo/GT3 turbo's in existence. Buckler once told me KA was so obscenely fast, it should be illegal to allow her on the road.

The interesting thing about Kevin's car and KA is they are both balanced cars, yet different approaches were taken to achieve the balance.

Last edited by cjv; 09-23-2004 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:31 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Chad, it would be quite dissappointing not to see KA in the shootout again. Please make it happen.

Old 09-23-2004, 08:24 PM
cjv
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Chad, it would be quite dissappointing not to see KA in the shootout again. Please make it happen.
Ryan,

I agree with you. However, the problem is still the Pauter rod delivery. Carrillo quoted even a longer delivery date.

We are treading on new ground. The GT3 crank is stronger and has higher rpm advantages. It also has different dimensions. The journals are wider and narrower. The GT3 rods are .030 shorter. The result is you must have rods with custom dimensions made.

We did everything we could with Pauter to deliver the rods sooner. The bottom line is six to eight weeks with no guarantees. When all the dimensions were known (we sent one GT3RS and one stock rod to Pauter) and Pauter was able to start, it was the 28th of August. If the rods arrive mid October we will make the shootout. If they don't arrive until the first of November, we will still try to make it, however the odds wouldn't be very good.

Last edited by cjv; 09-26-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:33 PM
cjv
I am looking for a used wiring harness for a 2001 996tt. Does anyone have any leads?

Old 09-27-2004, 06:31 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cjv
If the rods arrive mid October we will make the shootout. If they don't arrive until the first of November, we will still try to make it, however the odds wouldn't be very good.
Preparing us for another cancellation?

Come on Chad, finish the car already. Jesus.

Old 09-27-2004, 07:35 AM
cjv
Originally posted by Hamann7
Preparing us for another cancellation?

Come on Chad, finish the car already. Jesus.
Tyson,

Just a fact. I have never pulled any punches. If she is ready she will be there. If not I have no problem in allowing the winning contestant a crack at her. I'm not hiding from a thing.

Now if you happen to have a spare wiring harness, please let me know as I would like to tune her on an engine dyno.

Old 09-27-2004, 10:51 AM
cjv
Kevin,

How would you get it smogged with Motec? Passing that test is a big issue to me. That is one reason why I stuck with the GT3 cams.

I would love to have Motec, but until it is legalized for street I believe I'm stuck. Hopefully someone will be able to up the percentages where the sensors engage. We have eliminated the TB shutdown. This was a great help.

Last edited by cjv; 09-27-2004 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:28 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
How easy was it to eliminate the throtle-body shutdown?

Guy

Old 09-28-2004, 01:55 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Chad, if you are up for a drive, I can get you smogged out here if you do decide to go motec. Just have to find someone w/ a stock turbo around.

Old 09-28-2004, 02:11 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Chad, what you are thinking about doing will end up with frustration. I have been involved with doing the same thing with a 993TT engine. The ECU is to smart, it will look for wheel speed sensors, and ABS info.. You'd have to trick each sensor, and mask it with false sensors. If it is out of the given MAP parameter. The ECU will put the car in limp mode.. At first it looks like a good plan, but it will turn into a nightmare.. It would be easier to install a Motec system and bench run the engine..
You said that a long long time ago... You're right... The further you push these things the more the ECU gets in the way.... ABS, PSM etc...

Old 09-28-2004, 10:52 AM
cjv
Chad, you couldn't pass the OBII check, but you'd pass the sniffer test.. Liek I told you before, you need 2 engines...
Kevin,

I have passed the OBDII test. It passed with four out of six.

Old 09-28-2004, 10:54 AM
cjv
Originally posted by Guy
How easy was it to eliminate the throtle-body shutdown?

Guy
It was fairly easy. It occurred when we installed a certain 90 mm throttle body. We lost the cruise control at the same time.

Old 09-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Passing the sniffer test with an AWD car is easy here in Illinois... if you have AWD, they don't stick your car on the dyno... they only sniff the tail pipe.

Well, years ago, my Eclipse GSX passed with a straight pipe in place of the cat... that's right, no cat. The fact of the matter is, the modern ECU at idel or under throttle without load (just rev'n engine) or even light load (closed loop) runs pretty clean.

Now... the OBD II... you'll have to fake

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring