Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 10-09-2004, 01:45 PM
nman413 is infamous around these parts
cjv, what size wheels do you use?

Old 10-09-2004, 09:00 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Here is a pic using 335/30-18 Hoosier's. I can't recall the offset of the Fikse wheels. We have changed them three times. I will see if I can get the offset information from Rob today. The rear wheels are 12.5/18's and the fronts are 10.0/18's

Don't forget, the fender liners in the front and rear had to be modified. The fenders were rolled. In addition, the side radiators in the front had to be relocated forward.

Last edited by cjv; 10-09-2004 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:14 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Thirty days left until The High Roller Twin Turbo Shootout. The question for us is, will Pauter deliver our custom rods this week?

On another note, we are looking for a GT3 street intake (from where the throttle body ends to the heads). Does anyone know the where abouts of these parts? Like a wrecked GT3.

Last edited by cjv; 10-10-2004 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:18 AM
cjv
I just spoke to Rob @ S-Car-Go Racing, he was informed by Pauter that the rods are coming along nicely. They should be overnighted to S-Car-Go early next week.

This is really going to be interesting. Only 24 days left until the shootout at the OK Corral.

Last edited by cjv; 10-17-2004 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:55 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Best thread ever!!

Old 10-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
62 pages, can someone do a quick summary? TIA.

Old 10-17-2004, 10:20 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Crash
Yeah. 750+ RWHP, tires wide enough to fit a Bigfoot, Enzo-beating performance, 1.9s 0-60 and more mods on the way
Crash, you failed to mention that the above resulted in bent rods along with a few other slightly twisted running gear parts. We won't ever attempt an rpm launch again like we did for the above.

Old 10-18-2004, 12:07 AM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Rave TT
62 pages, can someone do a quick summary? TIA.
so basically cjv is building this badass turbo that he's charting the progress of each mod and explaining why he is choosing certain mods, and giving pictures of as well as writeups on each. he's building the Turbo internally with some crazy *** motor work and making his "Killer Angel" uber fast. and each page is documenting all these performance parts and explaining it technically and enthusiasts such as me like to gawk at it and add smilies so that the threads become longer .

but in all seriousness it's basically this documentation of a buildup of a BADASS 996 turbo that's really built as a racing platform IMO. eh i probably missed some stuff but it basically is the progress of the absolutely insane "Killer Angel"

Old 10-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by KompressorKev
so basically cjv is building this badass turbo that he's charting the progress of each mod and explaining why he is choosing certain mods, and giving pictures of as well as writeups on each. he's building the Turbo internally with some crazy *** motor work and making his "Killer Angel" uber fast. and each page is documenting all these performance parts and explaining it technically and enthusiasts such as me like to gawk at it and add smilies so that the threads become longer .

but in all seriousness it's basically this documentation of a buildup of a BADASS 996 turbo that's really built as a racing platform IMO. eh i probably missed some stuff but it basically is the progress of the absolutely insane "Killer Angel"
Sounds very interesting and worth starting at page one (I have allot of reading to do).

Old 10-18-2004, 03:38 AM
Crash is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Rave TT
Sounds very interesting and worth starting at page one (I have allot of reading to do).
Lucky me, I´ve been keeping up with my reading

Old 10-18-2004, 06:16 AM
carnut is infamous around these parts
Actually page 1 is not the beginning.

The original thread started on a different forum and involved multiple LONG threads following the development of what is now known as Killer Angel . It's actually amazing because this thread is just a small portion of the total write-up. The original threads on the other board were removed when Chad decided to join this board (which was just starting at the time) for various reasons.

Thanks for continuing to share CJV.

Old 10-18-2004, 09:07 AM
cjv
Originally posted by KompressorKev

KompressorKev,

"Racing Platform" , I'll take it as a compliment. If you want to see one built as a racing platform............ then pay close attention to Kevin's project. Killer Angel is simply a fast, well handling street car. No matter what you are attempting to attain, you will have to make sacrifices. Don't forget Killer Angel has a sun roof, full interior, navigation system, heated seats, dark maple wood trim and a Reus SST sound system. This system sounds fantastic and has little to no added weight once the quick disconnect amps are removed. In addition, she is still passes the smog test.

She is built just the way I want her, less a set of Cobra Imola GT Technology seats.

Last edited by cjv; 10-18-2004 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:15 AM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
yes it was a compliment. oh yeah i guess i am confusing your car and Kevin's "quest for maximum hp"? anyway, your car is "killer" also. with all the work you're doing i consider it a "racing platform" in the power sense. i thought both you and Kevin were doing similar engine specs? are you running GT3-R Heads or something, i think i am confusing the two.

btw, passes smog that's incredible!

Old 10-18-2004, 09:25 AM
cjv
Kev,

Kevin's power will probably be in the area of 800-850 hp. I may be wrong. Killer Angel should have another 200-250 hp. Talking to Kevin, it sounds like Killer Angel will have a superior suspension however Kevin's car at approximately 2,800 pounds will weigh about four hundred pounds less.

They are very different cars built with different goals and objectives in mind.

Kevin is using GT3R heads, I am using GT3 Cup Heads. Kevin is using exotic alloy intake valves and titanium exhaust valves. We are using exotic alloy's on intake and exhaust. Kevin is using titanium steel rods and we are using super alloy Pauter rods (Kevins rods are far lighter in addition to being .030 longer). Kevin has custom 102 mm pistons built around the stock piston, We are using Woosner 104 mm pistons which are far lighter. Both of us are utilizing the GT3R crank. We are using the GT1 oil pump and Kevin is using the GT3 oil pump. We are using a 90 mm throttle body, Kevin is using two 60 mm TB's. We are using a modified ECU, I believe Kevin is going with Motec. The above is not everything, but almost everything. Oh, we are using jacketed liquid CO2 cooling, huge intercoolers and a Progressive 250 shot of nitrous.

Kevin is a great guy and has freely provided us with help, information and exchange of ideas. When we meet, if we get beat it couldn't be by a better guy.

Last edited by cjv; 10-18-2004 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:04 AM
cjv
Well, no Pauter rods yet, but the GT3 crank is on it's way back home. Should have some pics soon. The crank was knife edged, the journals were turned down, it was cross drilled and then micro polished and then cryo treated. We turned it down because we are using an special NASCAR oval bearing.

This will be one trick crank capable of 11,000 rpm's.

Last edited by cjv; 10-20-2004 at 09:08 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring