VW Touareg, Phaeton, R32 and other VolksWagen's

My Vw R - Gti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Nic
How do the club sports ride?

Planning on any other red accents?

The clubsports are pretty stiff, I've had them for about 20k miles now and they only have softened up just a tad.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
R32 Euro rear lights and you're set.

yeah still looking for a deal on those, they are pretty expensive for something non performance wise. I'm probably going to do the fuel pump upgrade next. that should get me up to 300hp and well over 300q

Old 10-02-2008, 03:56 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Thanks, appreciate it. I miss my R32 though dearly.
I'm in the market for one of these but can't decide between GTI and R32. What do you miss from the R32?

Old 10-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by RCNJ
I'm in the market for one of these but can't decide between GTI and R32. What do you miss from the R32?

I miss the sound of my R32 and its stopping power. The factory GTI brakes suck ***, however for about $1300 you can upgrade the GTI brakes to the R32 brakes. But theres not much you can do to mod the R32 like most NA cars. The GTI has tons of mods and can easily reach 300hp without changing the turbo. ECU, Exhaust, Fuel Pump, and Intake and your there.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:02 PM
lemonvr6 is infamous around these parts

Old 10-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Site Sponsor
H20 International Ocean City, MD

Old 10-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Site Sponsor
This shows the new paint them on the splitter

Old 10-07-2008, 10:43 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
Much better. Looks great. If you had the chance to buy again would you go for the R32 or GTI?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Site Sponsor
Well i got rid of my 04 R32 because I was able to trade it in for exactly what I paid for it after owning it 3 years. I wish the 08 R32 came in manual otherwise Iw ould have bought it.

I actually almost bought the 08 R32 over the weekend. They had one at my local vw dealer with 5k miles on it for $29,000 but I got a better deal on the Jetta GLI DSG Leather and Sunroof which was a brand new 09. So this is now my official project Retta. Which means I'm swapping the front bumper of the GLI and replacing it with one of an R32 as the headlights are identical and switching the brakes to R32 brakes which are bigger. The GLI has teh same front bumper as my GTI just the jetta is a sedan of course. This is what it should look like when it's all said and done.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:30 PM
pod
pod is infamous around these parts
black with black, me likey

Old 10-14-2008, 01:21 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations on the Jetta! Wish we had those GLI models here..
Looking forward to progress pics.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Site Sponsor
Thanks, the one thing that the white jetta above doesnt have that I would like to do as well is the S6 LED Install.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:16 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
I've been debating doing that but I'd really love it if someone makes a kit to adapt these to the upper part of the side grilles. It'd look much better and more complere.

What kind of wheels you're thinking about??

Old 10-15-2008, 06:09 AM
Sideways Sam is infamous around these partsSideways Sam is infamous around these parts
Do you guys know any other MK5 golf forums?

Old 10-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
I've been debating doing that but I'd really love it if someone makes a kit to adapt these to the upper part of the side grilles. It'd look much better and more complere.

What kind of wheels you're thinking about??
It's not really all that complicated of an install.

These are the wheels im going with once they come in late november. I will most likely have them powdercoated in a charcoal color since the car is red.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Vw R - Gti