VW Touareg, Phaeton, R32 and other VolksWagen's

Volkswagen Scirocco R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor
Chico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to all
Reiger makes an interesting kit for the car.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:48 AM
weedo has much to be proud ofweedo has much to be proud ofweedo has much to be proud ofweedo has much to be proud ofweedo has much to be proud ofweedo has much to be proud ofweedo has much to be proud ofweedo has much to be proud ofweedo has much to be proud of
Would love to get my hands on one of these. Unbelievable car, especially for the money. The 2.0t is one of the best overall 4-cyl motors produced. Immediate torque, and when mated to the DSG it's just perfect (don't get me wrong the manual is a great box as well!). The interiors VAG puts in are really second to none.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor
Chico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to all
Originally Posted by weedo
. The interiors VAG puts in are really second to none.
When I saw the R in person and took a look in side I was amazed at how nice and up scale the interior was. wish I had a picture of it!

Jon

Old 12-09-2009, 12:10 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
that is one hot ride!!! the guy in the car looks a bit funny hehe....and they need to bring this car to the states!!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:36 PM
bic
bic is infamous around these parts
Now that's a great looking VW.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Taskomania is a jewel in the roughTaskomania is a jewel in the roughTaskomania is a jewel in the roughTaskomania is a jewel in the rough
best looking VW hands down.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:27 AM
MK6 GTI is infamous around these parts
Definitely a beautiful VW

Old 05-04-2010, 03:11 AM
fusugood is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Scirocco R on Beijing motorshow 2010

I come from Beijing China,show Scirocco on Beijing motorshow 2010

Old 05-05-2010, 04:36 PM
imdstig is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by usdmej
no, they're too afraid it will cannibalize GTI sales since its just a GTI with a nicer body

which i find amusing because the only reason i never bought a GTI was because it had such an ugly body
VW has to be the most short sighted company in the world. Afraid to bring over a car because they think it will hurt GTI sales. When in fact the broad view would be it would attract new customers to the brand. This is a much sportier car which the VW line up sorely lacks at this point.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Epacy is infamous around these partsEpacy is infamous around these parts
Not a bad look!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Domsz06 is infamous around these parts
Old 05-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Domsz06
Saw the car at the Texas Mile, it looks very nice. Whish I could get one.

Jon

Old 06-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor
COR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of light
This thing needs to come to the states!

Old 06-08-2010, 09:55 AM
FAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by imdstig
VW has to be the most short sighted company in the world. Afraid to bring over a car because they think it will hurt GTI sales. When in fact the broad view would be it would attract new customers to the brand. This is a much sportier car which the VW line up sorely lacks at this point.
I would tend to agree with this. But they also have the Audi TT in their stable which is also a very similar car. I'm a big fan of the GTI, but I must agree the Scirocco is a much more sporty looking vehicle.

The Golf R should be interesting. 260hp out of the 2.0t and AWD. Still wish the S3 was over here though.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by imdstig
I'm curious about this reasoning too. It's not like they don't simultaneously offer the GTI and Scirocco in other markets, where they even have siblings from both Audi and SEAT (also owned by VAG) on offer too. I'd guess though that America just isn't yet ready for more hatches.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Volkswagen Scirocco R