Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 05:38 PM
GeoffM is infamous around these parts
+1 GTI!! GTI has character

CC=want to be CLS

Acura=Boring, conservative....

Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Well do you need the space? Other wise the GTI is much easier to drive fits into parking spacers easier and much more fun to drive if thats what your looking for but if your looking for something more professional more back seat leg room for the kids and occaisional dinner/lunch golf outing with friends/coworkers etc and larger trunk area then the CC is what you need and you can still do all the basic upgrades for more power and fuel economy.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Centerlock is infamous around these parts
I just picked a white CC R-Line about a month ago for a daily driver, first VW I've owned and am very impressed so far. Fit and finish are equal to Audi, BMW, Merc. Handling, ride comfort are great for a touring sedan. I don't care for the turbo lag from a stop in traffic, so I'm considering the ECU flash upgrade from APR.

Great overall value or bang for your buck, I was considering an A4 and 3 series BMW, but both are $10K more and smaller than the CC. Also just about everything on the CC is made and assembled in Germany. I really would have thought these were built in Mexico or Brazil.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Centerlock is infamous around these parts
Also, check to see if there is still $2000 trunk money to the VW dealer on this car. MSRP for the CC Sport R-Line was $32500 and I picked it up for $29K w/ little negotiation.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:35 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
I use my GTi as a DD. While it is not as good as my 328i sport also with a stick I like it a LOT more than I thought I would. Before the GTI I owned 3 BMWs (1 currently) so I knew I really liked the car but was unsure how much fun it would be being FWD being that 2 of the 3 BMWs I had were RWD. It eally is a perfect DD. Only complaints I have are stock Brakes SUCK and so do the all season tires. The brakes are not great to me though because I used to the BMW brakes which are better. If I dindt have the BMW to compare it o then I would not notice as much.

Engine is great with almost no lag and is faster then my 328i but not as fast as my 06 330i. I am going to get the APR tune done within the next few months to fix that. Other thing I love are the seats. I love leather seats but went with clost on the GTI because I liked the llok of the plaid seats. I am glad I did because you dont slide around and the plaid is unique. Build quality is second to none compared to any car in the class also. Biggest cosmetic thing on the car is getting one with the 18"s wheels IMO. The car looks so much nicer with the 18" huffs. It was hard for me to fine one but it was worth the wait. Good luck either way you go but I can promise if you get the GTI you will be more than happy.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:54 PM
j0wa is infamous around these parts
gti ftw! plus its cheaper =]

Old 11-07-2010, 10:42 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Curious what you ended up getting? I am still on the fence with CC vs GTI but leaning towards GTI since it's sportier and actually seats 5.