VW Touareg, Phaeton, R32 and other VolksWagen's

2011 TDI Sportvagen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 09:24 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
2011 TDI Sportvagen

Just picked up a 2011 TDI Sportwagon for the wife...drives real nice...better than expected...

Old 06-29-2011, 06:13 AM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts
Congrats! It is a nice daily! I love my 2010 VW GOLF VI!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:52 AM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Yep, I have one too. It was the first Coffee color (2011) Sportwagen in the Bay area. drives awesome and has oodles of torque!! An notwithstanding all the reviews about cheap plastic interior, I do not see it that way at all ... I think they are comparing that with the Audi A3 Diesel which is way more expensive. Love the TDI!!! Do not understand why they are not flying off the shelf.... It's THE best car for the price.... forget hybrids and all that electrical crap.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:52 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Yes, drove the Audi TDI, too small...when sitting in back my head touched the ceiling ...

VW is soo much roomier....cant beat the gas savings!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:22 AM
wogamax is infamous around these parts
We have the Sportwagen. One of the first '09's. It is really practical platform. The DSG isn't exactly as smooth as a PDK, but it gets more fun with Vag-com and a padel wheel retrofit.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:07 PM
almost 1k miles now...no problems or issues, cool little ride...needs tint now

Old 07-11-2011, 12:59 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Really 2 major choices but just go to the Volkswagen website and BUILD your own Jetta sportwagen and it will tell you all you need to know about the options and the price that results of taking or not taking each of the options. Very easy ..

Old 07-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Former Vendor
Formula43 Wheel is a jewel in the roughFormula43 Wheel is a jewel in the roughFormula43 Wheel is a jewel in the rough
A great value considering the MPG vs. a hybrid!

Last edited by Formula43 Wheel; 07-13-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:40 PM
nice example

Attached Images  
Old 07-13-2011, 07:41 PM
another

Attached Images  
Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Jetta Sportwagen - 2011 - Toffee

Name:  VW1Toffee.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  210.3 KB

Old 07-13-2011, 07:46 PM
nice Toffee....sumthing different

Old 07-14-2011, 03:43 PM
engleberger is infamous around these parts
I was thinking about buyind an Audi A3 TDi, Jetta Wagon TDi, or a Golf TDi. I have an '03 GTi 20th AE right now and love the freaking crap out of that car. I have yet to test drive a TDi, how do you think I would like it going from a GTi to a TDi? Does it feel heavy? Can it still "go" pretty good?

Old 07-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Smile Jetta Sportswagen - goes like stink!

Can only give input on the Jetta Sportswagen TDI but they all have the same 140 horse engine / gearbox combination . The manual version seems to be somewhat different. Ours is the "automatic" . We like it a lot.
Goes like stink because of the short 2nd gear. Surprisingly so, especially if you are not used to diesel torque. We Europeans love that "diesel torque feature". Moves effortless and frankly without any diesel clatter audible from the inside / while driving.
The Jetta Sportswagen has much more space than the Audi and is considerably cheaper. We did look at the Audi but we felt that the interior of the Audi (+) and the lack of space (-) did not warrant the additional cost of the Audi. I think diesel car owners need to get in the mindset that this diesel is going to last 200-300 thousand miles without having to lift the hood for anything but an oil change. And, when you are ready to sell.. you will fond buyers clampering for the diesels... because nobody wants to get rid of them.!!!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:08 PM
engleberger is infamous around these parts
Ya but unfortunately for me, I am really sold on All Wheel Drive for when I drive the snow covered mountains in the winter. I hate that Jetta Wagons aren't offered in AWD

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 TDI Sportvagen