VW Touareg, Phaeton, R32 and other VolksWagen's

2008 B6 Passat 2.0T bolt ons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 01:35 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
2008 B6 Passat 2.0T bolt ons

Okay. So I just bought a 2.0T Passat for my GF and baby to drive. Now for the big questions...

What are the best things for these cars. I just dropped it off to have the ECU tuned, and its getting Slotted Rotors along with some Hawk HPS pads. I want to stick to some suspension, some brakes, some 18's, and the best quality bolt ons available. So who makes the best VW stuff?????????

Old 10-31-2011, 10:44 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
APR and AWE make the best products for vw's 2.0T. I recommend getting an intake and 3" downpipe and going stage 2. its the best bang for the buck performance upgrade.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM
PRS
Former Vendor
PRS is infamous around these parts
I completely agree, APR tuning is a great upgrade. APR or forge intake, downpipe and tune is about all that you can do before it gets pricey.

As far as suspension upgrades. What are you going to be using the car for?
We have a set of AST coil overs on our 2010 GTI APR stage 3 and couldnt be happier with the handling and ride quality.
H&R also makes a very popular coilover however is used mainly for daily driving only.
Let me know if I can help you with anything or get you any parts

Old 10-31-2011, 12:37 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PRS
I completely agree, APR tuning is a great upgrade. APR or forge intake, downpipe and tune is about all that you can do before it gets pricey.

As far as suspension upgrades. What are you going to be using the car for?
We have a set of AST coil overs on our 2010 GTI APR stage 3 and couldnt be happier with the handling and ride quality.
H&R also makes a very popular coilover however is used mainly for daily driving only.
Let me know if I can help you with anything or get you any parts
I'll check those out. Baby hauler with attitude is the main use. I like H&R. My 993 turbo sits on a set up of their coilover suspensions. I have seen some AWE parts but I wasn't too impressed with their porsche things so... I reached out to see what the actual VW community guys like you for opinions. I'll update this thread at the end of the week and let you know the dyno results.