VW Touareg, Phaeton, R32 and other VolksWagen's

VW Golf GTI MK6 on HRE R40

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
VW Golf GTI MK6 on HRE R40

Check out these pictures of a MK6 GTI 4dr out in Beijing.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:31 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
Looks good. Interesting choice, the wheels must be 1/3 or 1/4 the price of the car though...

Old 12-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
Looks good. Interesting choice, the wheels must be 1/3 or 1/4 the price of the car though...
The GTI is from China, where imported vehicles are 2-4 times more expensive than in the USA.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:18 PM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
I wasn't condemning the choice in wheels. These are in my opinion the best setup for 18" wheels, but it was interesting to me how he chose such wheels for the car, considering these wheels are mostly used on M3s as far as I have seen.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Former Vendor
Actually for the VW market, they are popular with the performance oriented owners.

But your thought makes perfect sense. There are customers in those price point vehicles that do care about quality and lightweight wheels, so its a great option.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:53 PM
I never knew that. Quite interesting. I suppose the price is higher than equivalent line (P40s), right?

Old 12-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
I never knew that. Quite interesting. I suppose the price is higher than equivalent line (P40s), right?
Actually, the R40 is our least expensive Monoblok Series. It is less expensive than the P40 Series.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Congrats. The R40 line is a great idea.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:15 AM
EUGENE-Taiwan has a spectacular aura aboutEUGENE-Taiwan has a spectacular aura about
looks very clean

Old 12-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan
looks very clean
How's your set doing? I miss Taiwan!! Must go get me some night market food!

Old 12-28-2011, 06:24 PM
EUGENE-Taiwan has a spectacular aura aboutEUGENE-Taiwan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE
How's your set doing? I miss Taiwan!! Must go get me some night market food!
all I get is thumbs up for these wheels

Old 01-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Cyberbug is infamous around these parts
Nice

?@HRE

What is the difference between the R40 and P40?

Old 01-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan
all I get is thumbs up for these wheels
Of course!

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Nice

?@HRE

What is the difference between the R40 and P40?
The P40 a street wheel designed for performance. The R40 is a motorsport wheel designed for the street.

R40 only available in 18" right now. P40 is available in 18"-20"

Old 01-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Cyberbug is infamous around these parts
Bugzy

Can you get a little technical?

18 x 11 +35 offset

R40 vs P40S ?

construction/ weight / why the difference they look similar if not the same

Old 01-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Bugzy

Can you get a little technical?

18 x 11 +35 offset

R40 vs P40S ?

construction/ weight / why the difference they look similar if not the same
To clarify. The P40S series was designed as a lightweight street performance wheel engineered to handle the everyday stresses of public roads while maintaining great aesthetics and available in 19"&20" sizes. It can be used on the track should you choose to do so. Case in point, the P40S series wheel was used at Pikes Peak in 2011 on Monster Tajima's world record setting racecar. The P40S 18” is just recently becoming available in high and medium offset fitments due to market demand.

The R40 series is designed as a specific motorsport wheel engineered to handle the additional loads vehicles encounter on the track due to stickier tires and refined suspension settings and geometry. The R40 is currently only available in 17" & 18” diameters to utilize more common track tire sizes. They weren't meant to be a beautiful wheel but a purpose built track slayer. To our chagrin, many of our customers have come to love the race inspired design and now utilize the R40 Series as a weekend track set up as well as a daily driven wheel due to it's versatility. That said, yes there is a bit of unintended overlap. I hope this helps to bring some clarity to the situation.

Feel free to contact us directly via phone or email with any technical questions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VW Golf GTI MK6 on HRE R40