Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternative to the HRE P40's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:20 PM
microboby is infamous around these parts
Alternative to the HRE P40's

Hey guys I talked to this people today and they are going to produce this v710 wheel by the end of the year for porsches , currently only available for BMW at $999.00 x Set of 4 wheels in 19" , I think it is a great alternative for the overpriced P40.

Attached Images   
Old 10-20-2008, 11:30 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Who makes them?

Old 10-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Banned
mbphreak is infamous around these parts
VMR: Velocitymotoring.com

Old 10-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Looks like CSL rims.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:52 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
will there be aggressive offsets for 996tt

Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 PM
They just said there will be a porschefitment for NB and Wide cars , They do look like the csl wheels but the price is so much cheaper than HRE's. What is the main difference between two monoblock wheels that makes them so $$ different? Just the brand??

Old 10-21-2008, 11:16 PM
themperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the rough
Not sure if the VMR's are forged monoblock. Most likely cast or pressure cast at that price.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by microboby
They just said there will be a porschefitment for NB and Wide cars , They do look like the csl wheels but the price is so much cheaper than HRE's. What is the main difference between two monoblock wheels that makes them so $$ different? Just the brand??
HRE's are forged, lightweight, well-engineered and made in the USA in a real factory by real craftsmen who earn a living wage. They are then extensively tested in outside labs to insure quality and your safety. (And no, I don't work for them).
Any wheels that cost $995 a set are cast, much heavier, and are probably made in China, a country where the workers earn less than $5 per day and the government underwrites the cost of the aluminum and the energy to melt it.
It is quite possible that the guys who build these wheels have never seen a Porsche.
No offense to VMR but unless they built a foundry or a forging plant, they are just another copy-cat cast wheel importer, not a manufacturer.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Banned
HRE_Matt is infamous around these parts
Microboby,

If you are interested in understanding what differentiates HRE from their competitors, check out the HRE factory tour:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...els_190493.htm

Old 10-22-2008, 09:30 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Forgedwheeler how do we know that HRE tests their wheels with outside labs? This is a fishing expedition boys not bash HRE day.

I have owned 5 sets of HRE's and my biggest complaint was the clearcoating process they finally rectified on the last set I had.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Forgedwheeler how do we know that HRE tests their wheels with outside labs? This is a fishing expedition boys not bash HRE day.

I have owned 5 sets of HRE's and my biggest complaint was the clearcoating process they finally rectified on the last set I had.
I am personally aware of HRE's commitment to testing because I have seen some of the data. I used to work for them. In fairness, I do not know if they test every wheel.
Microboby wanted to understand the differences. I simply drew some contrasts for him based upon my own knowledge and experience. You can probably tell that I am easily irritated by those who copy the work of others, pass it off as their own, and then manufacture it offshore using the sweat of other humans living in slave-like conditions. They then bring it here and undercut American industry.
I have long been an advocate for complete transparency when it comes to test data. I believe that all consumers have a right to know the level of testing done on their wheels. This is a safety issue, plain and simple.
If HRE has a finish issue with their wheels, they are not alone. Wheels live in a hostile world and sourcing beautiful finishes that also endure is very challenging. What sets HRE and other first-line companies apart is their accountability and readiness to rectify problems.
Just my opinion......

Old 10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the Info , I fully support the American Industry and think that is the best way to make our country grow stronger but on the other side everybody has this Asian products on their homes : Electronics,kitchen,automotive.... Actually even driving the Porsche which is german made keeps us from buying an American cars like a Z06.

I think the 3 piece HRE's are much more of craftsman and custom work , the 1 piece forged just does not justify the value that much for me , either way both are pretty cool for anyone that is willing to pocket the 5k+ for a set.

I still think those VMR are a good choice for the price

Old 10-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by microboby
Thanks for the Info , I fully support the American Industry and think that is the best way to make our country grow stronger but on the other side everybody has this Asian products on their homes : Electronics,kitchen,automotive.... Actually even driving the Porsche which is german made keeps us from buying an American cars like a Z06.

I think the 3 piece HRE's are much more of craftsman and custom work , the 1 piece forged just does not justify the value that much for me , either way both are pretty cool for anyone that is willing to pocket the 5k+ for a set.

I still think those VMR are a good choice for the price
If you don't mind the 20 extra pounds of unsprung weight.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:08 PM
SoCalCFP is infamous around these parts
i am getting a new set of hre p40's and my net cost after trade in of stock wheels is allot less than $5,000.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Don't be shy and tell us that cost?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alternative to the HRE P40's