Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dont do business with Uswheelexchange

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:47 PM
lsbe36 is infamous around these parts
Dont do business with Uswheelexchange

Please DONT do business with US Wheelexchange, they also operate business under:
Spectrum Metal Works
PVD Chrome Wheel Exchange
Joe's Tire and Wheel

THEY CLAIM to do BUSINESS WITH ALL THE LANDROVER/JAGUAR DEALERSHIPS in the UNITED STATES! THEY RUN A OEM CHROME WHEEL BUSINESS/SCAM!
Here's the story: I put a deposit on 20" OEM Range Rover Sport Stormer Wheels in Black Chrome Finish. The total price i was quoted by the sales man danny was: $825.

I paid:
$525 for the Chrome Charge
$200 for Shipping both ways
$100 up charge for exchanging my 19" HSE wheels for 20" Stormers
Total: $825

On December 7th 2008 i paid them $200 Deposit via paypal

A month later i got a call stating the wheels were done and i paid them $625 via paypal.

& then i paid them $1200 via credit card for the CORE deposit that they charge.

The day i recieved the wheels, i called the sales guy because the invoice stated that i was exchanging 20" for 20". I called the salesman and told him about this and he acted like he was confused, and then later admited to the fact that he had made the deal that i was giving him 19's for 20's but he wrote it wrong on the invoice and it was his mistake. He called me an hour later and asked if i would return the 20's because he was going to lose his job over it. I told him "a deals" a deal and that you cant go back on your word.

Upon arriving to the tire shop, the manager called me to the back and he flipped the wheels over. He said "Tab" we have a problem the wheels are replicas. I thought he was joking but sure enough, all the stampings on the back of the wheel stated that they were made in china and there was no LR tags nor was there there anything that said made in IT, which is where my OEM 19's were made. Just to make sure i called Ben my service advisor @ Patrick Landrover Jaguar in Naperville. He stated that "NO" OEM Range Rover wheels, especially the stormers were made in China, and that sure enough i was dealing with replicas.

I called USwheelexchange, however, they were closed. With no other choice i mounted the wheels and tires on my truck and called them first thing monday. When speaking to the manager at USwheelexchange, he stated that he had "No clue" how i could have recieved replicas, since they only delt with OEM products. When i asked for him to, take the wheels back and give me OEM's he stated, due to to "tough economic times" he could not do that, and all he could do is refund me for the wheels and tires and my mounting/dismount.

Being the generous guy i was, i told him thats fine i'll drive on these until my new wheels come in and then i'll return these to you for a full refund + the cost of mount/dismount.

Yesterday i checked my credit card statement and I was accredited for my $1200 core deposit, then i check paypal and i've only been accredited for $509.47 out of the $825 i paid them.

I called marcus the manager at Uswheelexhcange and asked him WTF happended to my money, he said that when he got the wheels back all "4" wheels had a scratch on them and that the center caps were broken.
This is impossible, because if you know my or my car there is not a damn scratch on anything, infact this truck gets washed 5x a week by the same detail shop. Not to mention, the center caps were all still in the wheels when i returned them, so i dont know how the hell they broke.

Sparknotes version of this story:

Bought wheels through this company that supposidly does all the chrome wheel exchanges for all the landrover/jaguar dealerships in the united states. They tried to sell me fake replica wheels, the pretended to give me my money back, and now they kept $300 of my money, just so they wouldn't loose money on the sale. And finally, i used to be the the wheel business a few years back and know if im getting screwed over by the vendor.

If any parts of this story aren't clear feel free to PM ME or e-mail me: Elusivefx@Gmail.com

Old 03-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Too bad you got tricked, but sounds like you only lose $300 which is really not such a bad outcome.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:45 PM
AJ997S is infamous around these parts
That sucks man. Paypal can take care of you there and or your credit card company. Call them and let them know you have been ripped off. Good luck bud.