Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

review: 20" florio wheels and toyo tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:24 AM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
review: 20" florio wheels and toyo tires

Cost:
wheels FLORIO 20X8.5, 20X11 ~$3,200.00
tires TOYO PROXES T1R ~$1,289.00
roadforce balance Tire to Rim matchmount ~$200.00

Victor Equipment makes wheels exclusively for Porsche models. Toyo makes performance tires in a variety of sizes. I went with the 3 Piece 20" Florio wheels in black.

They come in silver and black but can also be ordered in ANY color you desire. I went with black.

These are beautiful wheels and the deep lip is polished to a mirror finish.

They come packaged very well as most high end wheels do.

Here is a look at the back of the face...

11" wide on the rears are very aggressive. These do not need any spacial spacers or bolts. The center cap can be swapped with the oem cap.

Another thing that is great about the wheels design is the multiple piece threaded stainless steel valve stems. All of the wheel manufacturers use these now due to failure of rubber valve stems.

It has an extension stem for each valve for the track that gives you the ability of having a secure seal, as well as the ability to add or remove air quickly. (no cover to screw off)

The high pressure silicone gasket goes between the stainless washers.

Use of a metric key to tighten the stems on is necesary.

Here is a picture with the screw valve covers on.

The 11" rear wheels sit nicely and give the car an aggressive stance.

The fronts sit on 245 25 ZR20 Toyo Proxes T1R, no rubbing issues (lowered techart springs 2")

The rears sit on 305 30 ZR20 Toyo Proxes T1R, no rubbing issues (lowered Techart Springs 1.5")
The wheels are road force balanced. My first impressions when driving them are that the weight is not noticeable to my 19" BBS LMR wheels. The Florios are only a total weight of 8 lbs. heavier with the tires on, Thats 2lbs each wheel.
They fill up the wheel wells nicely, cosmetically I like them better than my BBS LMRs.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:26 PM
ghb
ghb is infamous around these parts
Nice! I am also thinking of getting the Florio in black. Where did you buy them from? Also, could you post a few more pics to show what your car looks like from the side and other angles? Thanks!