Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HRE Customer Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:16 AM
greygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to all
HRE Customer Service

Wanted to share an event with you guys/gals that occurred this week. I have a set of HRE C21 wheels which were making some noises that concerned me. I contacted HRE (Vince Borja) and sent the wheels in for inspection. Vince cut me a good deal and I had the wheels completely rebuilt and refinished. They came back looking amazing. After about 100 miles of road use the rears starting making clicking noises again. I put a different set of wheels on my car just to make sure it wasn't my car, the noise stopped with the new wheels. So now I am somewhat irritated because I'm thinking I have to send them back to HRE for the same thing all over again. I call Vince and tell him what is going on. He informs me that he will speak to the engineering department about this and get back to me. So a couple days go by before I receive a return call. When he does call I'm thinking this should be interesting. So his explanation and solution is as follows. HRE has had a couple (literally) cases of the C series wheels making noises with cars with the PCCB/Brembo setup. He advised me that he had spoken to the owner of HRE and they concurred that the situation was unacceptable. He then told me to proceed to their web site and choose a set of Monoblocks in whatever finish I wanted and they would build them and send them to me "NO CHARGE". Frankly I was speechless. I never thought they would go to this length to satisfy me. I have owned three sets of HRE's over the years and the company has always impressed me with their products. My support of HRE obviously has reached a whole new level now.

Bottom line, buy the best and receive the best customer support. You get what you pay for.

Dean

Old 11-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Aboy.GT2 is a jewel in the roughAboy.GT2 is a jewel in the roughAboy.GT2 is a jewel in the roughAboy.GT2 is a jewel in the rough
Hey Dean,

My experiences with HRE customer service have been nothing short of excellent or better. They stand behind their product and go the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied. I purchased a set of the CF40's for my GT2 but when mounted to the car the front offset wasn't quite where it should be. They have them right now and are rebuilding new centers to the correct specs. They even picked up the tab for shipping. 100% top notch operation.

Just curious, what was the cause of the noises you were hearing? I have a set of C90's and also have the Brembo rotors with the stock PCCB calipers. My rotors are the floating ones and I get clicking and clacking from the rotors. Did they ever tell you what the issue was with the wheels?

Last edited by Aboy.GT2; 11-27-2009 at 08:17 AM. Reason: wrong word in thread
Old 11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
greygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to all
Not sure which Brembo rotors you have but sounds like the full floating version. These make a lot of noise, no way around that. The sound I had in my wheels was nothing like that. They clicked and creaked for whatever reason. I had a set of C21's on my 996 GT3 and there was no issue. I don't have an explanation for it. I'm just really glad that HRE is handling it the way they are.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Centerlock is infamous around these parts
I've heard of this before, apply a thin coat of moly coat or anti-seize on the rotor hat. Something to do with the forged aluminum wheel center and the billet Brembo rotor hat that causes the noise, unless something is loose, check the torque on the caliper bolts and inspect the rotor hats for cracks. Also check the wheel lugbolt toque. Could be many things from brakes, suspension etc....Why replace with a one piece forged wheel? Has HRE had this problem before with a modular wheel and a one piece wheel fixes the noise? Nice to hear they'll go this far to take care of you, but what if it doesn't take care of the problem, pretty expensive endeavor?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:30 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
That's awesome, props to HRE.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:50 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by greygt3
Wanted to share an event with you guys/gals that occurred this week. I have a set of HRE C21 wheels which were making some noises that concerned me. I contacted HRE (Vince Borja) and sent the wheels in for inspection. Vince cut me a good deal and I had the wheels completely rebuilt and refinished. They came back looking amazing. After about 100 miles of road use the rears starting making clicking noises again. I put a different set of wheels on my car just to make sure it wasn't my car, the noise stopped with the new wheels. So now I am somewhat irritated because I'm thinking I have to send them back to HRE for the same thing all over again. I call Vince and tell him what is going on. He informs me that he will speak to the engineering department about this and get back to me. So a couple days go by before I receive a return call. When he does call I'm thinking this should be interesting. So his explanation and solution is as follows. HRE has had a couple (literally) cases of the C series wheels making noises with cars with the PCCB/Brembo setup. He advised me that he had spoken to the owner of HRE and they concurred that the situation was unacceptable. He then told me to proceed to their web site and choose a set of Monoblocks in whatever finish I wanted and they would build them and send them to me "NO CHARGE". Frankly I was speechless. I never thought they would go to this length to satisfy me. I have owned three sets of HRE's over the years and the company has always impressed me with their products. My support of HRE obviously has reached a whole new level now.

Bottom line, buy the best and receive the best customer support. You get what you pay for.

Dean
wow, thats what i have been saying all along, buy the best, and receive the rest....customer service that is.....by the way i have the c97's
p.s thanks for sharing, this is great info, when purchasing any wheels....

Old 11-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Domsz06 is infamous around these parts
wow what amazing service!!!

Old 12-27-2009, 05:34 PM
The new P43 Monoblocs from HRE showed up and here are some pictures. HRE walks on water as far as I'm concerned.

Dean

Attached Images    
Old 12-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Former Vendor
Forza Forged is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by greygt3

Dean
That's what it all comes down to guys, customer service is the best way to keep a customer.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:47 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
great wheels ... are those gloss or satin black?

Old 12-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Centerlock is infamous around these parts
Did it fix the problem? If so, what is the issue with a the HRE modular wheel creating the noise?

Old 12-29-2009, 05:05 PM
The wheels are gloss black.

Yes it solved the problem. Can't explain what the issue was. All I know is HRE is the cat's meow!

Old 12-29-2009, 07:41 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Your car looks sick....and HRE is with out a doubt the best.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Arnie1 has a spectacular aura aboutArnie1 has a spectacular aura about
I have had problems with my HRE 3 piece wheels. If I had known about it I would never have bought them for my Audi S4. When you drive them in the rain you can go no faster than 64 mph without a major wheel vibration from water getting trapped in the reserve lip. First I thought I lost a wheel weight but all the wheels were doing it. In the dry they were fine Called HRE and they told me this is an issue with tese wheels. They sent me a set of water deflectors to install on the wheels and that just raised the vibration start to 67 mph. I do a lot of high way driving and this is a big problem especailly whjen you have trucks barreling down on you. I love the look of the wheels but it is scary how bad the vibration is. They could not help me any further . I wish they would have offered me modular wheels which would have taken care of this problem. One more thing the inside of the whell is not finished so the brake dust adhere to the inside because the wheel barrel on the inside is not finished like my Porsche wheels are. Fully dissapointed paying 4500 for a set of wheels with all these issues.

Arnie

Old 01-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
HRE does a great job at standing behind the products they sell. Hats off to them for going above and beyond. They are an asset to this community.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HRE Customer Service