Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel re-paint question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 08:11 PM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Wheel re-paint question

I've had rims re-finished before (same color) and came out great

But i'm curious, has anyone had experience changing colors? how hard is it to refinish a one piece rim to a different color? The rims i have are black from the factory, i want to re-paint them to a charcoal satin finish

thanks!
w

Old 12-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Former Vendor
NUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the roughNUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the roughNUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the roughNUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the rough
They need to be stripped first. I would then powder coat them in the color you want. Re-finishing OE wheels is not normally a service we provide, but if you want to ship them to us we can take care of the process.

I need to know exactly what wheels we are talking about doing, and what material the center caps are so they can be properly matched and re-fit after the powder coat.

To strip and refinish in a powder coat will cost roughly about $75-85 per wheel. Cap finish may vary depending on material...metal, plastic etc.

Send me a PM or email if you need any other details.

Jim

Old 12-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by w00zie
I've had rims re-finished before (same color) and came out great

But i'm curious, has anyone had experience changing colors? how hard is it to refinish a one piece rim to a different color? The rims i have are black from the factory, i want to re-paint them to a charcoal satin finish

thanks!
w
It's not difficult at all ~ just like Nutek said, you'd want to strip them first, and could either paint them or powder coat them the color of your choice. The actual finishing and the labor to break them down and reassemble them (assuming they're multi-piece) would probably cost about the same. Color changes or repairs are fairly common, and a service we provide to our customers on a regular basis.