Sponsored by:

Advice Needed (HRE 590r w/BBK)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 12:33 AM
LeXIs3o0 is infamous around these parts
Advice Needed (HRE 590r w/BBK)

Hey guys!

I don't usually post but I do lurk quite a bit. I recently just bought a set of HRE 590r for my project car and I have a concern about my fitment. I addressed it with HRE multiple times via email and phone call, but i have yet to hear an answer from them. I wanted to seek various opinions as to if this is normal or not while I wait and hear back from HRE.

My concern is currently the back of the wheel's face is sitting 1.5-2 inches away from my BBK's (Brembo Gran Turismo) caliper. This is my first set of HRE wheels (but not my first set of three piece wheels), so I am unsure whether this is due to the wheel's design or a flaw with their spec configuration since I specified them to fit the previously mentioned BBK. I thought the 590R was a universal spoke design, yet I have seen many cars with HRE wheels, including my specified model, having a very close fitment (couple millimeters) to a BBK's caliper. Is this normal or something went wrong with the offset they selected. I am trying to minimize the distance in hopes to maximize the lip. What do you guys suggest i do?

Here are a few pictures to give an idea of what I am talking about:

19x8 Front w/BBk w/ HRE suggested offset
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...00119-1537.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...00119-1601.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...00119-1601.jpg

In comparison to my friend new HRE 560

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...Picture002.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...cture003-1.jpg

Thanks in advance! Sorry for long read!

Old 02-14-2010, 12:59 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
it is difficult to tell much from your photos...first you should make sure you don't have a wheel spacer on your hub..after that you should email this guy and you will get an answer...too bad you can't private message...you need 15 good posts to do that...

alanp@hrewheels.com

Alan Peltier
HRE Performance Wheels
www.hrewheels.com[/URL]

Old 02-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Definitely dont have a spacer, just installed the bbk setup and the wheels in the pic. I emailed Chris @ HRE and spoke with John but hopefully Alan will notice this thread and input his 2 cents. I should start posting more lol

Thanks for the quick response!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Lexis300,

Give me a ring directly. My number is listed below. We can take a look at the order and I should be able to answer your questions pretty quickly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to behold
Looks like you could get another 1/2" of lip by getting your X-factor closer, but hat's off to HRE for hopping in the thread and taking care of it!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:43 PM
I contacted Guy @ HRE and he is looking into my questions. Thank you to the forum members and HRE for being prompt. I will update the situation and what route we decide to go with.