Sponsored by:

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 06:15 PM
EddieK997 is infamous around these parts
Worst Tires I've had yet.

Update....
Drove to Watkins Glen with these tires and hated every mile. These tires are terrible on a 911.
Morning of the DE, it rains for first 2 hours so I ran the Hankooks as the MPSC's are not at their best in the wet - The Hankooks showed their true colors and were nothing short of dangerous. As the track dried they got worse and worse.
Put the MPSC's on and car handled great.

There were 3 other 911 owners at the event who ALL said the same thing - the V12's are a poor tire.
Drove home from the Glen (to Main line PA) and again hated every mile.

I hate these tire and feel as though I've wasted every penny.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:14 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Good info and feedback- IMHO there is no substitute for a set of Michelins on a 911.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
Hankooks really have mixed reviews on different boards. For the people who track the cars and are looking for all out performance Hankooks are a poor choice. For daily driving they are excellent bang-for-the-buck tire.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Automotive Connoisseur
Hankooks really have mixed reviews on different boards. For the people who track the cars and are looking for all out performance Hankooks are a poor choice. For daily driving they are excellent bang-for-the-buck tire.
I guess that depends on how you define "daily driving"...

On a more serious note, owners of these cars tend to drive them harder, go hit the hills on the weekends, etc. I think the one area not to 'go cheap' is on tires and suspension, because more than a performance issue it can become a safety issue by imparing the handling ability of the car.

As another lower priced alternative, how about the Veredestein Ultrac Sessenta's? I consistently hear very good things about them in general, but what might run well on one platform of vehicle might not do so well on a 911.

Although, tire rack has a full set of MP super sports for $1260 or so plus $70 rebate. That is just a hair more than a set of Veredesteins, and just a few hundred more than a set of Hankooks. IMHO, the extra few hundred is worth the piece of mind.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 08-04-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
I have been running these on my commuter for the last 25,000 miles and I love them.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by LaneS@MAcarbon
I have been running these on my commuter for the last 25,000 miles and I love them.
So you have a 996/997 as a commuter w/ hankooks?

Old 08-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
So you have a 996/997 as a commuter w/ hankooks?
No, my commuter is a Jetta TDI and these wheels have been great. They work great in the wet and I drive on a 20 mile stretch of mountain road that really puts a tire to work.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by LaneS@MAcarbon
No, my commuter is a Jetta TDI and these wheels have been great. They work great in the wet and I drive on a 20 mile stretch of mountain road that really puts a tire to work.
I have no doubt, I think they are great for use on the average commuter car, and I have a set on my Cayenne TT which are just perfect for the wife's daily drive to work on LA's notoriously crappy streets.

The real question at hand though it how well they work on the 911, which is inherently sensitive to tire choice. Tires can behave differently on each platform of car, more so on performance cars.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:27 PM
EddieK997 is infamous around these parts
Michelin Pilot Super Sports now installed and the car feels 'human' again and not some angry beast lurking in the shadows of some corner trying to kill me. The V12's and my 997 just were not meant to be together but I must give a huge +1 and kudos to Hankook for refunding me entirely for the tires - That's some great customer service and I'll be sure to buy Hankook for all my other (non p)cars.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:12 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks goodness you just went ahead with the Michelins. On a 911, I'd mount nothing but the best....and imo Michelins are the best tires on the planet.

Old 06-22-2021, 07:38 PM
Tiievommm is infamous around these parts
I have them 2k miles 235/35/19 285/40/19 and I have to say pretty good tire AFTER playing with tire pressures they now carve up the road and are excellent in the wet will they replace Michelin no but my car isn’t tracked just aggressively street driven my winter set are Michelin AS4 in 18s
Mike