Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fikse/Kodiak Status?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Centerlock is infamous around these parts
Fikse/Kodiak Status?

Has anyone purchased or received replacement parts or ordered new wheels from the new Fikse? My local dealer has only received some used rim shells and is still waiting for new parts.

I would like to order another set of wheels for track use, but am a little gun-shy about pulling the trigger, since I haven't heard or seen anything from Fikse since the ownership change?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
Fikse Wheels is infamous around these parts
Fikse Wheels is proud to announce that we are a 6speedonline.com sponsor.
Here is all of the news about Fikse Wheels that is currently fit to print.
The Fikse brand was acquired by Kodiak in British Columbia, Canada. Kodiak has a long history of manufacturing forged racing wheels as racing components and aerospace parts.
Fikse Wheels recently hired Alan Baylis, that's me, as VP of Sales and Marketing. Many of you may know me from my years of experience in the custom wheel manufacturing industry as well as my most recent position at Wheel Enhancement.
YES, we are manufacturing, building and shipping wheels. It is taking a little time for us to adjust and catch up so please bear with us.
We are adding 20" wheels to our product line as well as 2 new styles out this summer. Please visit our web site http://www.fikse.com and feel free to call or email if you have any questions.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Alan, thank for the direct response. I have a set of 18" FM/10 wheels for a 996 GT3 9.0" front and 11" rear satin anodized. Please PM me a quote and eta for a second set.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Former Vendor
PM sent.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:50 PM
is Fikse no longer involved in the Grand Am Racing series? I see that they're no longer allowed for use in this series per the rule book:

6-4.4 Wheels must be of an approved three-piece design. BBS and Fikse are currently approved. Fikse wheels will be permitted for the 2010 season, but will be ineligible for contingency awards. Fikse will not be permitted for use in 2011.
Front - Maximum 12.5-inch bead width allowed.
Rear - Maximum 13-inch bead width allowed.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Former Vendor
Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread however I felt this needed to be addressed. Fikse has chosen to not continue sponsoring Grand Am DP series at this time. The rule that you quoted is for DP only and does not apply to GT or Continental series. We do make wheels for the Grand Am GT and Continental series.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:42 PM
pukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud of
Great to hear you guys are still alive and kicking.

I've had a set of Profil 10s on my Supra for a few years now and I still like them as much as the day I got them.