Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have any experience with Forgestar F14 wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 02:05 PM
jtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud of
anyone have any experience with Forgestar F14 wheels

i'm looking to get some 19" wheels for my new boxster...anyone have these? any suggestions otherwise?

Old 07-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jtill75
i'm looking to get some 19" wheels for my new boxster...anyone have these? any suggestions otherwise?
The Forgestar F14 flow-form wheel is a great choice for your Boxter! This brand new lineup utilizes a combination of the best methods of forging and casting methods both in the same wheel.

Flow Form Casting is a production procedure that turns the wheel (or rim section) over a special mandrel and three hydraulic rollers using tremendous pressure. The pressure and turning then force the rim area to form against the mandrel, creating the shape and width of the rim. During Flow Forming, the rim actually "flows" down to create the full rim width. During Flow Forming, pressure applied to the cast rim actually changes its mechanical properties, so its strength and impact values become similar to those of a forged rim. That translates to up to 15% less weight when compared to a standard cast wheel.

Forgestar wheels can be made in virtually any offset, whereas standard cast wheels come in a set offset. This allows you to dial in exactly how you want your wheels to sit (we can help you select the offset you need for the look your looking for). Having custom offsets allows for fitment of wider wheels in stock suspension and lowered vehicles. Forgestar wheels are designed specifically for your car and it's suspension setup, where cast wheels are designed for everyone and typically do not take in to account lowered suspension setups.

I'll shoot you over a PM with a bit more details!

In the mean time here are a few pictures of the Forgestar F14 on a Porsche Boxter
with 19″ Forgestar F14 finished in gunmetal

Specs:
19×8.5 Front +48
19×10 Rear +33

Feel free to contact me via PM, shoot me over an Email at Alan@ModBargains.com, or give me a call at 714-582-3330 x 8006 if you have any questions at all!

- Alan

Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 PM
DesertCaymanS is infamous around these parts
re forgestar

I have a set on my CaymanS - 19x9 and 19x10. Running 355/30 & 295/30 Yoko AD08's. Also have set of 19x9 on my 2010 S4. Wheels are great and lighter than stock by a good bit.Zero issues w/ fit or fitment. I've sorced mine thru Campionishop over on planet-9 and have had great service and prices.One of the best "bang for the buck" options around.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:24 PM
FloridaRealtor is infamous around these parts
I have heard nothing but bad things about these wheels.. do a google search for "forgestar problems".. fitment issues, delivery issues, no refund policies.. better options out there

Old 07-03-2010, 10:26 PM
DesertCaymanS is infamous around these parts
I find it interesting when people "slam" a product or

vendor on a forum based on "I've heard"" when they have no actual experience with the product.Campionishop ran a group buy over on planet-9 and sold something like 40 sets with one person initially unhappy who later posted that his issues were resolved.I firmly believe that the vendor is the key here! My personal experience in purchasing 2 sets for 2 cars has been totally positive and that's not something "I heard" !!

Old 07-04-2010, 12:06 AM
themperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the rough
That is my Boxster and I think the product was worth it. Still straight and true today. I got mine direct from manufacture as they didn't have too many dealers back then.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
We have been one of the biggest dealers for Forgestar since day one. ModBargains.com works very closely with Forgestar on a daily basis. We are equipped with tools such as a live barrel inventory, shared order status spreadsheet between the two companies. I'm here to support you guys on 6speedonline.com so feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all!

Originally Posted by themperor
That is my Boxster and I think the product was worth it. Still straight and true today. I got mine direct from manufacture as they didn't have too many dealers back then.
The car looks beautiful and I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the Forgestar F14!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Szpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jtill75
They are great looking wheels and very light. Recived mine two weeks ago but there was a problem with one of the wheels. I´m sure Modbargains will resolve this problem but it takes long time. It took 5 months to get the wheels but they did inform me that it would take a while to get them. I think that´s ok since I custom ordered the offsets.

Now just waiting for one new wheel that hopefully will get ready faster. I assume it only was bad luck that one wheel was wrong.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Szpet
They are great looking wheels and very light. Recived mine two weeks ago but there was a problem with one of the wheels. I´m sure Modbargains will resolve this problem but it takes long time. It took 5 months to get the wheels but they did inform me that it would take a while to get them. I think that´s ok since I custom ordered the offsets.

Now just waiting for one new wheel that hopefully will get ready faster. I assume it only was bad luck that one wheel was wrong.
I'm sorry to hear that you are currently having an issue with one of your wheels. I've just spoken to our customer service department and they're fully aware of this issue and Brian has assured me that he is doing everything in his power to remedy the situation. Feel free to contact any of us here at ModBargains.com directly and we'll take care of you.