Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toyo proxes r888

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 04:32 PM
spooling is infamous around these parts
Toyo proxes r888

I am looking to replace my tires on my 997 turbo. The toyo process r888 look cool and got good reviews. How usable are they on the road? How many miles on conservative street driving will they last? Otherwise what is a great street
Tire that's not gonna cost crazy money. My oem pirellis are
Looking alright up front but there shot at 10500 miles at the rear

Old 08-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Any opinions?

Old 08-30-2010, 09:29 PM
pvgolfer is infamous around these parts
Just a word of caution... the R888s are pretty noisy. So if you like a quiet ride around town or on the highway, you won't be happy.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by pvgolfer
Just a word of caution... the R888s are pretty noisy. So if you like a quiet ride around town or on the highway, you won't be happy.
Other then the sound how do they do on a street car?

Old 08-31-2010, 07:06 AM
No feedback?

Old 08-31-2010, 09:25 AM
celticfc is infamous around these parts
They will work just as well as the most expensive street tire you can buy however, they will wear a lot faster, they will be noisy and you ultimately will not get the full benefit from them in regular street use. They are designed to work at a specific temperature and are intended for track/autox use. There are many very good street tires available and you need to decide what you are looking for. There are street tires rated at 140 treadwear that will give you excellant performance but are not recommended to be driven in temperatures below 45 deg. If cost is the driving factor there are many others that while giving great wear don't provide the same amount of grip from the better known brands. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Wink

The grooves help keep you from dying in the rain on the track....but they are not so good on wet, standing water roads.

They are more DE / Autocross type tires.

If you never drive your car in the rain, they would be fine.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 AM
HiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond repute
They are very sticky tires, was driving a GT-R with them yesterday and it felt great! They are a bit noisy but i didn't mind

Old 09-01-2010, 01:33 AM
c-w203 is infamous around these parts
Where is the best place to buy R888 tires for a 996 (best price)?

Old 09-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Tireboi is infamous around these parts
^try racing shops that use that tire alot of times they will have take offs with still tread on there.

yes there racing compound tires that are DOT approved there insanely sticky but very bad on treadwear, and they need to be brought up to temp for them to grip.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:00 PM
tofunin is infamous around these parts
What size are you running? I know of a BMW race shop that sells their take off Toyo R888 but their sizing is 265/285 in 18s

Old 09-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I have a set that I'm selling for cheap so you can test them if you'd like but I need to give it till next week. I have a sale pending on the set, if they don't sell it would be a great opportunity to test out a set. Sale pending for $350 all four!!!

If the sale falls through I can notify you....

-Eli

Old 09-04-2010, 12:55 AM
wwjd is infamous around these parts
What are the sizing on those used r888? I'm interested.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:11 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
me too, depending on size, and they say size doesn't matter

Old 09-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I need to double check but I think they may be 997 fit such as 235/35/19 & 305/30/19..... If my buyer doesn't come though soon I'll post them first on this thread then the regular F/S section....

-Eli

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Toyo proxes r888