Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hankooks review.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:58 PM
EJ-997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by murox
I put Hankook V12s on my 997.2 back in December. I have about 1500-2000 miles on them, and they are, BY FAR, the worst tires I've ever purchased. The car literally feels unstable at speeds over 75 mph.

I'm thinking about taking them off now and buying PS2s or the Bridgestones. If anyone wants a take-off set of Hankooks for cheap (19s), let me know.
You might want to check your alignment, tire pressure, and tire balance. My car seems to get more stable over 75 mph but that is the rear spoiler doing that (not the tires). My car is 997.1

Old 05-02-2011, 02:07 PM
chinsky is infamous around these parts
I have over 6k on mine. I use these on a daily driver C4 Cab. I think they are a far cry from the previous PS2s. They seem to break loose a little more easily, are slippy in the wet and do take some time to warm up. I will likely replace the rears when they go and then run the fronts down but don't think I'll go with these again. I'm willing to trade off some performance for cost for the daily ride as I'm travelling at modest speeds and not doing anything really aggressive but I will try something else next time. I would use something better for the track and would probably go with dedicated track wheels/tires if I started to do this more regularly.

I've had Contis on our BMWs and always liked those. I don't think they are making the 305s yet.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:02 PM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
Just mounted a set today and I am quite happy.

My old Pzeros were hard and loud as hell from age. The HK ride so well and are so quiet, I am amazed.

Only have 10 miles on them so they do seem to squirm a bit and feel numb on center but I will report back after a few hundred miles or so.

I have a set of Hoosiers on 9" and 12" wheels for track days so i am not so concerned about ultimate performance with my street tires.

If i only had one set of tires/wheels probably would have gone for a more aggresive tire but with two sets of shoes, shes ready to play on the track or cruise on the street.

dr

Old 05-03-2011, 03:40 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwKHuYJtS7c

heres a link on the Nittos i just got, pretty cool. I will update when I get them installed next week.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:50 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Just mounted a set today and I am quite happy.

My old Pzeros were hard and loud as hell from age. The HK ride so well and are so quiet, I am amazed.

Only have 10 miles on them so they do seem to squirm a bit and feel numb on center but I will report back after a few hundred miles or so.

I have a set of Hoosiers on 9" and 12" wheels for track days so i am not so concerned about ultimate performance with my street tires.

If i only had one set of tires/wheels probably would have gone for a more aggresive tire but with two sets of shoes, shes ready to play on the track or cruise on the street.

dr

Let me know how they feel when you hit triple digit speeds on them HK.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:59 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by carrera997re
Carrera I dont think I could GIVE you a set of HKs after following you on this post lollll...that sux you have issues with them. I would take a set of HK over my Pirellis that are bald to the max in the rear i took a off ramp at 35 and the whole car shifted

Old 05-03-2011, 04:16 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 996CABOVA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwKHuYJtS7c

heres a link on the Nittos i just got, pretty cool. I will update when I get them installed next week.
Let us know after a few hundred miles; I've seen a few guys at the track running on the strictly competition tires but never a P street car. If I recall they are priced at the low end with the Hankooks so it would be great if they are ok.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I dont drive triple digit speeds on the street (or highway)

Save it for the track and the Hoosiers...

dr

Old 05-03-2011, 05:02 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Carrera I dont think I could GIVE you a set of HKs after following you on this post lollll...that sux you have issues with them. I would take a set of HK over my Pirellis that are bald to the max in the rear i took a off ramp at 35 and the whole car shifted

Hahaha im sooo frustrateddd lol. im telling you my wifes C300 benz out performs my car on turns and my wife laughs she tells me thats what you get for cheaping out on tires!

Old 05-03-2011, 05:05 PM
I dont drive triple digit speeds on the street (or highway)

Save it for the track and the Hoosiers...

dr

You do have a point there. I just dont get why mine feel this terribleee im in a damn porsche lol sorry for the vent

Old 05-03-2011, 05:09 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
I have broke 150 with the hk they felt great.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:13 PM
I have broke 150 with the hk they felt great.

Ughhh pulling my hair

Old 05-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Ughhh pulling my hair
alignment, had it done the day befor the HK

-1.5 deg camber and 10' toe front
-2.0 deg camber and 20' toe rear

world of difference

also, the tires need to bed in. On the track its a heat cycle or a few laps and then let them cool for 24hr

street tires just need about 300 or 400 miles

dr

Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Ughhh pulling my hair
alignment, had it done the day befor the HK

-1.5 deg camber and 10' toe front
-2.0 deg camber and 20' toe rear

world of difference

also, the tires need to bed in. On the track its a heat cycle or a few laps and then let them cool for 24hr

street tires just need about 300 or 400 miles

dr

I have about 3,000 miles on them and they just dont feel stable idk how much more break in they need. Im thinking i got unlucky and got a baddd set

Old 05-06-2011, 09:54 PM
porsche12901 is infamous around these parts
Just put a set of Hankook V12's on my '07 and took off the worn Pirelli P Zero Rosso's. Discount Tire in Rock Hill, SC did the work. The Pirelli's were very worn and noisy as hell. I drove from Plattsburgh, NY to Rock Hill and couldn't listen to the radio due to the noise. Drove from Rock Hill to Charleston (185 miles) and couldn't believe the noise difference. So quite, I could keep the volume down low, make phone calls, and enjoyed the sound of the engine as I tooled down the highway. Today I drove to Edisto Beach (90 miles round trip) in the rain and was very happy again. Soooo quite. I did notice they do take a bit longer to hit 52 degrees in the back.

I'm headed out again tomorrow and will then drive back home to Plattsburgh via Atlanta and the Blue Ridge Parkway for another 1,475 miles. I guess they should be good and broken in by then.

Right now I very happy since my pocket has lots of extra cash and I can listen to the radio, make calls... Will have to see how they handle on the Parkway. As for highway driving, these are such an improvement. I don't do any track driving, just go around town, hit country roads and cruise on the highway.

I'll report back in a bit to let you know how the rest of the trip goes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Hankooks review.