Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hankooks review.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
New Hankooks review.

Hey Fellas. Got the Hankook Ventus V12's put on today (all the way around). Great deal from Discount Tire Direct on these. Shipped for around $736 after rebate from Hankook (No affiliation with either.) Overall, they feel comparable to the Mich PS2's I took off. The PS2's were well worn and slightly less "greasy" feeling. I am attributing that to the increase in rubber on the new tires. They ride extremely well. They are reasonably quiet (my roads suuuuck) and don't break loose easily. I was able to swing the back around with a little throttle manipulation and a Finnish flick, but they did nothing surprising. At speeds above 100mph, they still felt sure footed. I'll update this when I get a few hundred miles on them as I hear they get even better after a little wear. Hope this helps.

JR

Old 04-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
I just got a set installed yesterday. Bought from tire rack and installed locally. Not as good of a deal as you got, though.
Replaced original Michelins that were well worn.
I like them so far!

Old 04-27-2011, 07:58 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Jack667
I just got a set installed yesterday. Bought from tire rack and installed locally. Not as good of a deal as you got, though.
Replaced original Michelins that were well worn.
I like them so far!
I have them on for a year.great tires can,t beat the price.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
You should be eligible for the $60 rebate if you didn't get it. If tire rack doesn't have the form, go to the DTD website and print it.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by LarryP
I have them on for a year.great tires can,t beat the price.
Have you used them on the track at all? I was wondering how these would do in a pinch. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
i cant stand my hankooks venus v12 great for daily horrrrrrible for triple digit speeds IMO worst mistake no wonder there 8 bills for a set of 4..

Old 04-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Just put that same set on my p40s and so far the ride is smooth and comfortable. Haven't driven hard yet. But you just can't beat that price. If you need to replace your ps2, go for it!

Old 04-28-2011, 05:48 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
I'm less than ecstatic with mine; about 1600 miles on them now. They took 200-250 miles to 'break in' (get the tmc out), which isn't bad, and then felt a little better. They definitely take longer to warm up, which would go along with my suspicion that the better wear touted by TIRERACK is the result of "harder" rubber. At times I think of them as a little 'greasy" but I'm happy with them in the rain.

Overall I'd do it again since for non-racing street/highway/back roads' use at under 125mph it isn't going to make any difference for us amatuers, but I'm not foolish enough to think that a $175 tire is the same as ones that run $275-375@.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:01 AM
akbjr is infamous around these partsakbjr is infamous around these parts
Has anyone tried these at a track day yet? I am contemplating changing my rears soon, currently have Potenzas on. but I would like to switch to super sports, but the Hankook V12 is tempting at this price.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:00 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
this is veryyyy disturbing news...im literally ready to order a set of kooks. now im thinking Conti DW Extreme

Old 04-28-2011, 10:28 AM
mihink is infamous around these parts
Had Hankooks on my old BMW and a family member had them on a Civic Si. Both sport oriented cars....don't buy these tires. "greasy" and "soft" side-walls especially on turns like on-ramps.

For a little more...the Bridgestone Potenza line strikes me as a great balance between performance/price compared to Michelin.

Our family SUV is on Bridgestone Alenzas...fantastic tire, already driven 30K miles on them...barely broken in, still have enough tread for at least 30K more miles!

Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
I've had my car for almost one year and I put 12k miles on it, mostly commuting. I don't think I've been over 100mph. I have a dedicated track car, so this baby won't see that environment for at least a few years, if ever. I figured Hankooks were a safe bet for me and I do like them, although it's only been a couple of days.
Today was the first drive in to work, though, and we have a very twisty entrance to our campus. I regularly am over 60, and up to about 75 through the twists. Lots of fun. I definitely feel like I have more tread, than with my worn-out Michelin's, but I'm not sure if I have more grip. I did feel that the sidewalls were softer today, compared to the Michelins.
I'm not upset, but I might give a different alternative a try next time, but I don't want to shell out for the Michelins.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
my personal experience with Hankook's were not so good..

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...x-ps2-v12.html

Perhaps there are significant difference in quality between the batches ??

Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
my personal experience with Hankook's were not so good..

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...x-ps2-v12.html

Perhaps there are significant difference in quality between the batches ??
You were running the odd tire mix, though, right? I think that's irrelevant to folks that have the same tire model on all 4 wheels...

Old 04-28-2011, 12:07 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
my thread above is direct result of:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-hankooks.html

i feel its all related somehow to the limits of the Hankooks.

Personally, I will not recommend V12's to anyone.

However, if u r happy with 'em, that's all it matters.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Hankooks review.