Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Is there anyone that can repair my rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Yupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Help! Is there anyone that can repair my rims

Been a long time since I've posted, but I currently have one of the first sets of 360 forged 3 piece split-seven made on my RS4.

The rims and tires have maybe 5,000 miles on them in the 3 years I've owned them, but the chrome is rusting underneath and pealing on the lip of two of the rims.

I tried contacting 360 and they did respond, they were willing to help me out with a decent price to re-chrome, but as soon as I told them I wanted all 4 re-chromed not just the two, since I am sure it will happen to the other 2 as well. I never heard back from them again.

So with that said, is there anyone else out there that you can recommend to fix my rims? there are not any wheel repair places local that can deal with three piece rims, so I am sort of stuck.

I am really not sure I want to send the rims back to 360 (Forged Distributors) as they seem as flaky as they were before their historic fall from grace.

I appreciate any help that someone can offer.

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited by Yupkwondo; 08-03-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
You may want to look into a local chrome plating place. Disassemble the wheels yourself, get them re-chromed, and reassemble.

-Matt

Old 08-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Yupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these parts
I'm not against that, but don't they have to be sealed and trued when assembled so they don't leak or vibrate?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:58 AM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
check out this video from CWW, it actually doesn't look that difficult taking a 3 piece wheel apart and putting it back together.

http://www.ccwheel.com/technical.php