Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clean wheels! Reduce brake dust!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:44 AM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light

Brake dust was just a crappy fact of life until I tried Armor All Wheel Protectant. (haha - I sound like an infomercial). A few months ago a fellow PCA member recommended it and of course I was very skeptical and I didn't do anything about it. About 3 weeks ago I happened to notice it on a shelf at Pep Boys and decided what the heck, I will give it a try.

This stuff really works! Brake dust has been SIGNIFICANTLY reduced! Usually within a day or two I have a decent build-up but I have gone three weeks now with very little to show for it. Wheels look great! I washed the car last night again and the wheels cleaned right up so easily - and for those with the Lobster Forks (or mesh) wheels, you will know what a PITA they are to clean.

I HIGHLY recommend this product - especially for anyone with lighter finish wheels. Try it - you wont be disappointed!

Entertaining little video from Armor All -
http://armorall.com/products/view_product.php?product_id=33&main_group=3&catego ry_index=wheel

PS. rep points would be appreciated!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting video. I wonder if I can apply it to the entire car.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 PM
MJJ
MJJ is infamous around these parts
I used the Meguairs version with decent success as well. I have black powdercoated wheels.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:10 PM
THFisher is infamous around these parts
Great information. I'm in the process of trying to replace my Sport Design wheels primarily because I hate having to re-clean the wheels after a simple trip to the gas station and back.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Memnon is infamous around these parts
When you're ready to replace you're pads, change to the Hawk ceramic pads. Significantly reduced brake dust and stop shorter than the factory pads too.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Another P has a spectacular aura aboutAnother P has a spectacular aura about
Sticky or glossy?

I saw a car this weekend with wheels that looked ok, but on close inspection, looked wet with an oily finish. Does this leave a visible film? Thanks.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:31 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for Armor All Wheel Protectant (and to SlateC2S for writing it up). I've been using this stuff for a little while now with great results. You have to apply it when it's warm though (follow the directions). Not sticky or glossy or oily. It even works pretty good in the rain.

Use your hose or a leaf blower to clean the wheel. Just don't touch your wheels with anything, but especially your finger. Breaks the coating and you start getting dust buildup where you touched it.