Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tire bulge ?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 04:03 AM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
tire bulge ?!

Hey guys, was hoping someone could fill me in on this.

I recently notice some added road noise so i inspected my tires and noticed one of the rear tires has a small buldge in the side wall. Approximately 1 inch in diameter coming out about 1/4 of an inch. I did some research and found that this is basically a failed tire and needs to be replaced.

Is this something that's covered under warranty since it's not a puncture but a failure of the tire under normal use?

I am going to get it taken cared of early tomorrow, so if anyone could let me know, I will either go to discount tire or take it to the dealer if it's covered.

thanks !

Old 11-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
If it's still under warranty, you'll get a pro-rated amount to apply to a new tire. If it's a relatively new tire, you should take it back where you got it from. Definitely don't let the tire heat up too much or you'll get a blowout.

Old 11-25-2006, 11:49 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
9 out of 10 times a bubble in the sidewall is the result of inner ply delamination as a result of hitting something like a pothole. These low profile tires can bubble pretty easily due to hitting something. If there is no sign of a defect such as a tear where two body plies come together, it most likely won't be covered unless you have purchased a road hazard protection plan.

Good luck.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 11-25-2006, 12:42 PM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
thanks for the info, I'll head to discount tire in a few and get it replaced. chalk it up to bad luck then..

Old 11-26-2006, 12:10 AM
** update **

went to discount tire today. they price matched the tires to tirerack's price. got 1x 225 front and 1x 295 rear put on for 630 out the door. Not the best pricing, but they were able to get me in and out while I wait. They also measured the opposite side's thread wear to make sure that the thread depth was within 30% of each other as dicated by factory spec.

Annoyed at the unfortunate incident, but a good experience with a vendor overall. Lynn @ Discount Tire of Poway, San Diego, CA